Located in the Adirondack mountains, the town is rich in Olympic history as well as outdoor attractions. From the wildlife of the nearby High Peaks Recreation Area to the nightlife of Main St., Lake Placid will keep you busy after a day of Adirondack rafting!
- Crown Plaza
- Best Western Golden Arrow
- Lake Placid Summit Hotel
- Hotel Northwoods
- Mirror Lake Inn
- Whiteface Lodge
- High Peaks Resort
- The Pines Inn
- Olympic Jumping Complex Tour
- Lake Placid Bobsled Experience
- Lake Placid Olympic Museum
- Lake Placid Marina and Boat Tours
- ADK Aquatics
Saranac Lake has recently been recognized as the best small town in New York State and is on a short list of the best small towns in America. Whether you just need some fresh air, or want to do some hiking or boating, Saranac Lake is a lovely destination for families and adventure seekers.
- Best Western
- Ampersand Bay Resort
- Lake Flower Inn
- Lake Clear Lodge and Retreat
- Porcupine Bed and Breakfast
- Hotel Saranac
- Adirondack Visitor Center
- Adirondack Carousel
- Saranac Laboratory Museum
- Pendragon Theater
- Robert Louis Stevenson Cottage and Museum
Nicknamed the “Queen of American Lakes," the Lake George area is a recreation haven. Find out where to stay and what to do in Lake George!
- Fort William Henry Hotel
- Scotty's Lakeside Resort
- Marine Village Resort
- The Quarters at Lake George
- Boulders Resort
- Adirondack Extreme
- Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Water Park
- The Fun Spot
- Adventure Family Fun Center
- Patty's Water Sports
Named after the large lake within the town, Indian Lake and the many surrounding water bodies contribute to the town being called the “Whitewater Capital of New York State”. The town remains a popular destination for rafting as well as many other Adirondack pastimes.
- Adirondack Trail Motel
- Camp Driftwood
- Snowy Mountain Inn
- Point Breeze Motel and Cottages
- Binder's Cabins
All year long, North Creek offers many outdoor recreational activities. Explore North Creek for lodging and attractions after you take a thrilling adventure on the Hudson River Gorge.
- Gore Mountain
- Saratoga & North Creek Railway
- Adirondack Mountain and Stream Guide Service
- Tannery Pond Community Center
Located solidly within the Adirondack Park, Tupper i aptly named after the lake that lies close to the southwest part of the town. Tupper Lake is the soul of the Adirondacks. Visit for the day, or plan an extended stay to check out what Tupper Lake has to offer.
- Pine Terrace Motel & Resort
- Shaheen's Adirondack Inn
- Park Motel and Cabins
- Red Top Inn
- Tupper Lake Motel
- Main Street Restaurant
- Little Italy
- Well Dressed Food
- The Marketplace Pub & Deli
- Raquette River Brewing
- The Wild Center: The Natural History Museum of the Adirondacks
- Raquette River Outfitters (Kayak and canoe excursions)
Blue Mountain Lake & Raquette Lake
With beautiful lakes and mountainous terrain, these quintessential Adirondack towns are the perfect destination for boating, camping & hiking. Take a trip to nearby Inlet or Old Forge for more dining options.
Here are some links that pertain to the whole Adirondack region! Please remember that you can call us if you have any questions! We are more than happy to help.
- Visit Adirondacks - Hiking Info
- ADK Interactive Trail Map
- Lake Placid - Full & Half Day Hikes
- Experience Adirondacks - Hiking Info
Please contact us if you would like us to add your organization or attraction to this list!